need info on ls swap parts

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
Hey guys. I'm thinking of going with a 5.3 in the wagon. Wanted to know what you guys are using for the swap. I want to keep my 350 turbo trans. So what are you guys using for the motor mounts, headers, adapter plate, and if so a trans mount?

andrewmrchevy

Daily Driver
Jan 6, 2011
Seoul, Korea
engine plates went with Hooker 12623HKR which moves the engine 1 1/14" forward. SB Clam Shells with V8 on Frame motor mounts.
Hedman Hedders 1 7/8" Muscle Car
if you are sticking to the 350 Turbo, no issue with the cross member as it will not be changed.
Fuel tank, use the factory tank, get a 94 Chevy Astro 4.3V6 fuel pump/ Sender, replace the pump with correct needed fuel pump, remove the locator tab for the sender, route sender to Wagon location, lock ring will hold the sender in the proper location. Use the Vette Fuel Regulator GF822 so you can run the return back to the tank and factory fuel line to the front.
I used the muscle car oil pan.
You need to plan out where you want to go, set a budget, list total parts and prices and then plan proper course forward or it is will kill you with cost.
What rear-end do you have? Gears? all will be issues to include the drive shaft if you change anything.
Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• DSC09015.JPG
    DSC09015.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 2,267

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
Thanks for the fuel system tips. Wasn't sure how I was going to go about that since I'm going to carbonate my engine. The rear end in the car right now is the stock 7.5 but I'm leaning towards an 8.8 swap when I go through the rear suspension

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!