Looking for a good top end combonation for a 6.0

79buproject

Daily Driver
Oct 30, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I bought a 6.0 out of a 2000 3/4 ton pickup. My plan is to install new rings and bearings and upgrade the rod bolts while I'm in there. I would like to run a radical cam in the motor but am looking for performance as well as some noise. Any recommendations on cam/lifter combos, cylinder heads and intake? I have a really nice 750 APD to put on top. I will be running a T56 6 speed with this combo. Suggestions?

MetricBoo

Daily Driver
Sep 13, 2012
LS3 heads, Vic Jr intake, get a custom cam from the many builders, LS7 lifter and you will have a nice combo.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Depends on how driveable you want it... 220/230 for a driver, much more cam and you will probably need to up compression. Personally I plan to stroke any LS I get, no less than 3.75", plus an appropriate cam... the production intake ports on those are a bit bigger than the SBC, so they don't make the same off-idle torque - mind you they sing on the top end. A simple (relatively mild) cam swap in a 6.0 will easily get you in the 475+ range...

Go with a more aggressive cam and some LS3/L92 heads and you're likely in the 550hp range... (5.3/6.0 are the same stroke, and 4.8/5.3 are the same bore, I'm guessing the 6.2L is around 3.75").

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!