Most complete and headache free mounts for motor and trans?

Shanefap

Mar 28, 2014
Seems like the brp kit is very straight forward and looks nice.

Setup will be a ls and th350

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
Re: Most complete and headache free mounts for motor and tra

Spohn frame mounts and an original or an iceman crossmember. The spohn mounts leave you room to use a factory 5.3 A/C compressor without notching the frame. They position the engine similar to the 1" setback plates.

Shanefap

Mar 28, 2014

I'll call spohn and email iceman it looks like.

Big Reazon

Weekend Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Seattle, Wa

How high do the spohn motor mounts set your motor though I'm trying to clear truck accessories and carb intake under stock hood.

Cain

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2005
Raytown, Missouri

They work great. I run all the truck accessories under a stock hood in my car.

malibukeith

Weekend Racer
Feb 22, 2013
Nashville, Tn.

Ok sorry to hijack but just to make sure because I am about to order mounts. If I order the spohn mounts I can basically bolt the 99 1500 5.3L engine into the car with no problems? I will also be able to use the AC compressor that is on the stock 5.3L in the stock location with no problems? What about the stock truck oil pan? Do I have to do anything with that? Will I have to have a drive shaft made? Running a 700R4. Thanks is advance, Keith.

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi

malibukeith said:
Ok sorry to hijack but just to make sure because I am about to order mounts. If I order the spohn mounts I can basically bolt the 99 1500 5.3L engine into the car with no problems? I will also be able to use the AC compressor that is on the stock 5.3L in the stock location with no problems? What about the stock truck oil pan? Do I have to do anything with that? Will I have to have a drive shaft made? Running a 700R4. Thanks is advance, Keith.

I wouldn't say "no problems". However the obstacles you run into are easily fixed. Yes, the stock truck compressor will fit, but it will be close. As far as the truck oil pan goes, I haven't heard of it being used with the spohn mounts but I don't see why it wont fit. It is going to hang down VERY LOW. Using a 700r4 usually requires the driveshaft to be shortened.

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi

bigmandengo said:
malibukeith said:

I wouldn't say "no problems". However the obstacles you run into are easily fixed. Yes, the stock truck compressor will fit, but it will be close. As far as the truck oil pan goes, I haven't heard of it being used with the spohn mounts but I don't see why it wont fit. It is going to hang down VERY LOW. Using a 700r4 usually requires the driveshaft to be shortened.

Also, The passenger side valve cover will have interference with the HVAC box. I have been able to fix this by just grinding the rear coil bracket mount off of the valve cover versus re-fiberglassing the box.

Big Reazon

Weekend Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Seattle, Wa

So just to get this clear spohn motor mounts don't move the transmission and they clear the stock hood with truck accessories they sound like the greatest thing ever since sliced bread

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi

I just mounted my 5.3 today with the spohn mounts. I had to slightly slot 2 holes on each side of the frame rail and drill one hole in order for the frame mounts to line up with the engine mounts, however this may be due to using poly inserts in the clamshells. Overall, these look like they are going to work out well. There is plenty of clearance for the A/C compressor as well as the power steering pulley. My cts-v pan fits pretty good too and hangs below the crossmember minimally. Here are some pics..

Attachments

• IMG_20140421_154434_402.jpg
    IMG_20140421_154434_402.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 3,274
  • IMG_20140421_154424_240.jpg
    IMG_20140421_154424_240.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,267
  • IMG_20140421_154524_569.jpg
    IMG_20140421_154524_569.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,279

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!