360demonRT's 78 build

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Start out with a pic or two of the car. 79,*** original miles. The last couple pics are taken with a real (non cell phone) camera. The paint has a lot of pearl

I plan on painting the pillar semigloss black as I don't have the money or patience to cut it out and do the classic coupe swap.

Also plan on pulling the HVAC stuff out of the car, switching to manual brakes and steering, and lots of other things the wife will hate lol.

And a picture of the parts stack as of today

Ordering a cam kit tomorrow (230/235 .6XX), a walbro 255, and a vette filter reg combo. Eventually going to get a built motor with a snail, for now I just want to enjoy it while I save parts money. I think all I need is a converter/flexplate spacer, a couple fittings, and some fluids. I hope to be able to pull the stock locked up 305 some time next week and put the 5.3 in. Probably buy a cheap Assed jegs converter and use the stock trans for a while.

I'll update as parts come in and stuff happens lol.

I'm always open to criticism and advice!

Jon

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
what's the best way to remove the air/heater box without going in with a hammer. it's in really good shape if there's someone local who wants to come pull it and keep it lol.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Might have to pull the dash then. Be easier than goin in with the hammer. If I had all the parts for the pillar id switch it, but I don't have any of it lol. It'll wait til I get it running

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Pulled some wiring and hoses today. Still have to pull the power steering hoses bellhousing bolts and i'm sure alot of stuff that will catch when I put the cherry picker to work. Damn college loaded me up with homework, so I hope to be able to make time tomorrow to get the car into the garage and actually get the 305 pulled.

On a good note, I did order my cam, valve springs, pushrods, walbro inline, and vette filter/regulator. all i should need now to get the thing running (not driving) is some fuel hose, coil packs, a starter, and some miscelaneous fittings. Have to wait on payday to roll around on that sh*t though, LS stuff is high!

Does anyone have a link for the th350/400 to LS flexplate adapter? going to buy a cheap assed converter to get it moving untill i get enough stuff to do the turbo swap over the winter.

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Send me a PM with your address, and I have the adapter your needing I believe. I bought it when I was putting a TH350 behind my LS1 but got an FTI converter specifically made. If its what you need, you can have it for price of shipping. 5 or 6 bucks?

**EDIT**

I do have the GM adaptor part number 12563532. Looks like they sell for about 46 bucks new. This is new in box and yours for the price of shipping. You will need to get longer bolts though (part number 12563533)

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Not much but felt like Christmas lol. Walbro and filter/reg to get it up and running. Hope the weather is nice enough to work on it this weekend

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!