Turbo Builds

WDODGER

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2007
Cape Coral FL
I see everone using truck manifolds. But i dont see anybody keeping there AC/heater box..Im Doing a Ls 6.0 S475 wagon Build. And i want to keep my Ac Box. With the manifold facing foraward and up they dont fit on Pass side. They hit the heater box.
I did a search but nothing comes up that they still have the heater box. Im using 1 inch set back plates with the factory clam shell mounts. Need some Advice on what manifolds or headers to use. Thanks.

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am not this far yet in my project, but plan to also keep A/C and heat in the car. Im thinking I may end up going with a vintage air universal unit attached inside the firewall. I was going to attempt to use the stock heater/ac box but Im not sure how much of it one would have to trim.

BuWaGone

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Hawaii
I'm gathering the part to do a DIY GT45 kit on my 79 wagon and plan on keeping the A/C but I'm keeping my SBC for now. I'm going with a set of Sanderson center dump headers flipped to point upward but they won't be any height than the valve covers. I'm gonna 90 degree to the front and around the compressor.

As for your set up, could you run the pass and driver headers swapped so the point down?

Vintage air is sounding good though.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Im just doing the vintage air when I get to that point since they work better than the oem setup anyways...

96gt4.6

Daily Driver
Feb 9, 2014
It's not too bad to keep the factory air. I used a stock LS1 Fbody Camaro manifold on my RH side, crossover underneath the torque converter area, then a log manifold on the LH side. My factory air is still able to be used with the LS1/R4 compressor bracket kit and some custom hoses. Along with making some Condenser mounts as my intercooler is quite big, but I never intended to put air on mine again really, although could. Here's my layout:

20140821_220143_zpstcoicov5.jpg

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Any one have any photos of their set-ups? And for those of you running an intercooler, is it mounted in the engine bay or behind the grill? did u use a GN set-up to make it work?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!