PCM Placement

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
So for you EFI guys out there. I was seeing where you placed the stock brain at? I would really like it in the interior of the car and was thinking maybe I could get it to fit in the stock kick panel on the passenger side. I got my computer in this week and was looking at the size and its bigger than expected! I still have the factory a/c box and don't have any plans to get rid of it since I do want to put a/c in. I have a 04 6.0 iron block going in the car and will be modifying a harness to go with it to keep the efi, and going to keep the DBW as well. Thanks for your ideas, chosen spots and photos!

J@meson

Weekend Racer
Mar 15, 2008
Elizabeth City, NC
Older picture but I put mine on the driverside fender and repositioned the windshield washer jug. It works in this area for me, I just didn't want to take the time to reposition the harness and lengthen and shorten the harness to make it fit through the firewall into the car. Although next time the motor comes out I feel I will do what I can to fit it inside the car.

HTH

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Clean set-up. Thanks for sharing. Does the car see a lot of weather?

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
It's hard to tell from this pic but the PCM is behind the passenger side head light under that black box that's in the corner of the pic. That is the fuse/relay box. It's a pretty clean set up but if I had done it, it would be inside the car in the kick panel like you mentioned.

Malibu13_zpseb384ac3.jpg

J@meson

Weekend Racer
Mar 15, 2008
Elizabeth City, NC
2doorBu said:
Clean set-up. Thanks for sharing. Does the car see a lot of weather?

Appreciate it! I wouldn't go out and say it see's a lot of weather as its a weekend/fun vehicle but I do take road trips in it and have put 8k miles on it in the last 7 months lol. Its the stock location as the Silverado it came out of, So weather isn't an issue.

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Thanks. That explains the dirt on my pcm. I didn't realize the pcm was mounted outside of the vehicle. Alex, very clean set-up!

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Alex41 said:
It's hard to tell from this pic but the PCM is behind the passenger side head light under that black box that's in the corner of the pic. That is the fuse/relay box. It's a pretty clean set up but if I had done it, it would be inside the car in the kick panel like you mentioned.

Malibu13_zpseb384ac3.jpg

VERY nice!

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Alex41 said:

Malibu13_zpseb384ac3.jpg

VERY nice!

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
Those are some nice set ups. I see from the pics that you guys kept the ac box. Which adapter motor mount brrackets did you use?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!