My 6.2 Swap into 80 Malibu

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
Here's my 80 Malibu that began as a s/s race car now I'm doing a LS Swap and putting on the street to have a killer street sleeper. I purchased a 6.2 out of a 2010 escalade and 4L80e trans. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge I can get from the guys who have already been thru this already.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Loven it, looks like some cnc'ed ls3 or l92 heads on it. going turbo?

BAD78BU

Weekend Racer
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
how wide a tire and rim is that , and how much frame did you cut out?

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Dude,you have a nitrous outlet puck in that thing. I just saw those. What did it cost to get it and have it installed,if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to send in your intake to them? How long did it take to get back if so? And how much plenum room does it take up? Im wondering how it will work when your just on motor. Looks like a cool build.

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
BAD78BU said:
how wide a tire and rim is that , and how much frame did you cut out?
It's a 10in rim, we cut the frame down to a little over 1/2 in, its not more than an inch.

emoutra

Daily Driver
Aug 7, 2013
sbmalibu said:
Dude,you have a nitrous outlet puck in that thing. I just saw those. What did it cost to get it and have it installed,if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to send in your intake to them? How long did it take to get back if so? And how much plenum room does it take up? Im wondering how it will work when your just on motor. Looks like a cool build.

Yes that's the puck. My intake had spray bars in it at first so they had to take those out first. With labor it was $1100. I did have to send my intake, it was about a week and a half. The puck is about 2in tall.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!