HOTRODREGAL.COM is my LS 6.0 build

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Hello everybody,
I have been a member for awhile, and bought several parts from members here. I also have used this site for answering MANY LSX / G-Body questions!! In short, I couldn't have started my project without you guys! Thank you!!!
I have started my build up documentation at http://hotrodregal.com/ . Its in the preliminary stages, and will be an on going thing. I wanted to show as much about my build up as possible while giving back to the G-body community. Please feel free to check it out, comment, ask questions etc. I promised build pics to this site, so here we go... Its not to the LS 6.0 install yet, but those photos are coming.

Best Regards
Matt

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
Hey Matt,

This is nick, you had come and bought a few grand national parts from me when i lived in florissant.

Good to see your back at it. first time ive seen your car, looking pretty sweet cant wait for the new transformation. keep the updates coming!!!!

PM sent

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Good to hear from you Nick!
Yup its been awhile - I started the tear down awhile back, its just been taking awhile to find the right deals on the parts that I want. Good parts for good prices can be found though!!!
Keep checking back on my blog, I should have some 6.0L LS pics up soon! Its such an easy swap too! Just takes time & $$$ :mrgreen:

See ya around

Matt

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Fuel System pics with part #'S are up... I waited until these were published before I posted them...

Also, check out the soon to be released book Gm G-body Performance Projects book by Joe Hinds at Bulldawg Muscle Cars. It is on sale at Amazon.com now!

Last edited by a moderator:

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I re-engineered the brake/suspension package recently, the pics are up on my website. All you autocross guys may find it interesting! Hot Rod Regal - GM Performance & Appearance Modifications

I gotta say Marc Savitske knows his craft...check out SC&C (his website) while you are at it. The solution is a bit pricey, but making a G-body with near zero bumpsteer is an interesting concept.

Enjoy G-body fans!

Matt

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Nice write up good looking work so far! Keep it up! Now I just need to convince you to get a "man pedal" instead of the auto :)

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
OK G-body people... Custom - Inner Fender Modifications for the front inner fenders... Its up and posted... Enjoy!!!

Double_Trouble

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2009
Quad Cities, Iowa
have you ever measured the engine/trans angle with those mounts? reason i ask is everytime ive had a set of those mounts in a car the drive line angles were horrible. from 7-9* most of the time. i always end up cutting them up to get were i want them.

transformer2

Weekend Racer
Sep 16, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Yes I did measure the drive line angle at the output shaft of the 4l60e. It was right where it needed to be using the G-force crossmember and the BRP motor mounts.(3 1/2 degrees if I remember correctly) Now, unfortunately the Moroso 7qt oil pan with trap doors and baffling did not work. I had Moroso cut the edge of the passenger side of the pan to clear the frame. I performed all that with a B-body spindle swap for the front suspension. Currently , I switched back to the G-body spindle for the larger baer brakes along with Howe Racing tall ball joints. I actually need to raise the engine about a 1/4" to clear the center link/front of the oil pan now. The center link is ever so slightly contacting the oil pan at the tie rod joint. No big deal though, because I have the 1/4" plates cut and ready to match drill the holes. Also, I am seeing some of the Chevelle guys have that issue with the center link. (A-body). I will have to check the drive line angle again though after the 1/4" plate install.
I suggest talking to Jeff at BRP to see if you can find a solution. I'm not real sure why you have those extreme angles...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!