EFI tank, vent line?

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
What are you guys doing with the vent line? I just got my baffled tank in and fuel pump/sending unit and I see there is a feed, return and a vent line? Where are you running the vent line.

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
How the hell?

posted in wrong section :oops: , can someone move to lsx area.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Normally, it connects to the charcoal cannister. I ran it to the front of my car using the stock feed line and capped the end with a small air filter made by spectre that is designed to be used in a crankcase vent application that attached to a 3/8" nipple (fuel line). Looks like this:

22905565_sct_3996_pri_detl.jpg

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Just so you don't make the same mistake that I did, the feed line goes into the offset inlet on the filter, not the one inline with the outlet

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
Do you smell any gas fumes with that setup?

What if I add a hose to the sending unit and run it up towards the filler neck area.

Or was there some benefit to just running it to the stock feed line then all the way to the front of the car then end it with the filter?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
You will only get fumes when filling really. I don't even have a filter on mine, just the hose ending right at the tank strap mount

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
When parked in my garage, I do smell gas fumes. Not bad, but you can definitely smell gas. I thought about getting a charcoal cannister, but haven't gotten around to it.

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
Ok cool, sound good. Thanks for the replies

Now just gotta decide on running new hard lines or braided lines.

Decisions

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!