Help a dummy with a Mulitmeter and a power window

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
driver power window isnt working. pass side works fine from drive and pass switch. driver window was working when i smacked the switch..but no longer.

sooo, whats the best way to isolate the problem? using a multimeter? I have one.. but need to research on how to use it. limited electrical skills at work here. TIA for any help.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
its your switch. 1 power line feeds the switch. and if you say your pass window works from your drivers side, that tells me your switch is working, just not completly. If you want to double check, turn your voltmeter to volts (V) ground the ground to the door or something then probe either on of the outlets on the switch and try it

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
I thought so too. Swapped in a new switch and still nothing? Next guess is the motor, or a broken/loose wiring.

The pigtail and wires are in great shape so I dont think its a faulty connection.. and I thought the motors start to go slow and not just fail all of the sudden.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I would make sure you are getting power out of the switch. If you are, then its either wiring or a bad motor

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!