led flasher

clutch92rs

Amateur Racer
Feb 24, 2004
glasgow, kentucky
A little off topic, but I hope you can help. I am not by no means great with wiring. My dad purchased some led turn signals for his big rig. We have installed them and with the original flasher that is in the fuse panel, they did nothing. We called the dealer and got a flasher that is for led lights. That flasher comes with a ground strap coming out of the top of it. We plug the led flasher in and the turn signals work, but when you put the switch to the off position the flasher itself continues to click like it is still flashing. We then put the old flasher in and put an extra bulb in line with the turn signal, it work perfectly fine. It is like it needs to have some of the current drawn off of it to make it work. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am lost and he is frustrated and it is not going good. Thanks

ready961

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2003
Mass
LEDs use very little current which is what is effecting your flasher. You can test the orginal bulb to see how much current it draws. Knowing the amprage draw and the voltage is 12 you can find the resistance of the bulb R=V/I. Buy a resistor of the same value and put it in series with the new led.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!