Solenoid wiring??'s

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Ok in the past i have just hard wired my solenoids to the relays...etc.

But is there any drawbacks to putting connectors inline instead....like weatherpak, delphi's...etc

any amperage problem through them, or just do it all hard wired as previously.

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
Anywhere you use a connector there is a potential for corrosion and resistance. However, if it's a connection that often needs to be disconnected or broken, then it's easier to use said connector. It also makes it a bit easier to back probe for future diagnosis.

-Tony

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Some of the high buck nitrous systems come with weatherpack connectors already installed. You won't have a problem with them, especially at the low amperage they draw.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
thanks for the info, i remember seeing some of the high end systems coming with the connectors on them...

I was really more curious because i plan on running a dual stage setup next year, and i figured it would make the wiring easier...

with my single stage plate system now, i dont know if it would be worth the trouble...

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
I while back I spend the absurd amount required to get a delco weatherpack crimper, and a slightly less absurd amount to get a full blown assortment of connector supplies. Had it about 18 months, and used enough to require a restock, ebay is a great source for the supplies much cheaper than you'll find at local supply houses

Bottom line, best thing I've bought for the garage in a long time. You would not regret doing the same.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!