Electric fans quit????

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Ok guys i know i still got some things to look over and and check, but i figured i would ask here because it is kind of weird...but i think i may know what it is....

Anyways took the car out for a drive tonight...i have 2 electric fans one small one on the transmission cooler and one on the radiator....

so i park out front and shut off the car and leave one fan running, i walk to the front yard, talk to wife...walk back to car and the fan is off.....so i pull intot he garage and start checking things and realized that my other fan wouldnt come on either...

I have the fans wired as such.

I have a main power wire coming from the main + post on the starter, which then goes to 2 circuit breakers(wired individualy but get power from the same spot) also have 2 relays one for each fan...

I checked the circuit breaker they are fine, i changed the relays they were fine, when you flip either switch for the fans, the relay click and do what there suppose to....but still no fans....

here is the part where im confused, i put meter on the main wires conecting to the C.B.'s and im gettin 12V there no problem, as soon as you flip on the either switch to operate the relay/fans...the voltage drops to zero coming from the hot wire from the starter/battery...hmmmm

My only guess would be that the hot wire for the C.B.'s coming from the starter/battery is loose somewhere and when you put load on it(trying to turn on fans) it completely opens ....is this a possibility??? or what else could cause the voltage to drop to zero when turning on the fans/switches??

I still need to check the fans, but i dont think that both fans nor the 2 seperate grounds for the fans could have went fubar at the same time.....any ideas....

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Update: Got it fixed, it was the connector at the starter + post......all is good now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!