What does the power accessory fuse do.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I wired the torque converter to a toggle switch and the power accessory fuse. When I started it today the volt meter went down to 8 volts, with the switch off. I let it run a little and the gauge went to 13 volts. I tried the switch and it made no difference either way. It didn't do this before I wired it. What could be causing this situation?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere...

Tommy

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Thanks. Sometimes it doesn't do that and other times it will go down then come back to 13 volts. It's not the same any time. I'll see what I can find.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
you need to take a look @ the wiring you installed see if anything's in the wrong place-a wire metal pinched etc.also the is there one wire going to your trans connector for the lock up?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
your torque converter doesn't get grounded per say.inside the transmission the pressure switch and solenoid are grounded through the valve body as the trans becomes grounded being attached to the motor etc etc..try feeding that toggle switch assembly from a different power source and see if the same problem exists.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I think I figured this out. I think the wire is on the wrong pin. I think the A pin is kitty-corner from the blind post. Mine is now straight across from it now. I plan to change it today.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!