Wiring an alternator

82wagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 31, 2010
I'm in need of a wiring diagram for a 3 wire alternator. The car has been completely required and has none of the factory wiring. I currently have a one wire alt but want to switch to the 3. Also considering upgrading to the cs130. If you have a wiring diagram or can explain it that would be great I've been looking for a while and couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
The 2 big wires join together and go to the battery. The little white or tan wires goes to the gage.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
The large red wire in the 2-connector plug for the SI alternator actually ties back into the same cable that the charge cable on the back goes to, the wire is there for the regulator to judge resistance if I remember right. The brown wire goes to the 'charge' bulb typically, but a 10-ohm, 25w resistor will work.

The CS alternator is basically the same, it just doesn't have that large red wire in the connector, just the brown one, but it works the same way.

82wagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks guys! So the brown or tan wire goes to my volt gauge? If I use the 10 ohm resistor where does the wire go?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!