Painless wire harness

White noise

Dec 9, 2015
How many people are running a painless wiring harness?! We're putting a 80 BU together and in a box sits the original nightmare of a wire harness . Half the stuff I will not be using. So I thought maybe a painless kit to simplify the process. All the car will need is all the lights blinkers brake lights etc. the car will have a switch panel for starting and all the other accessorys. So my question is what's everyone using? And suggestions? Maybe forget about that idea and there is an easier solution? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Is it a race car? If the old harness is in poor condition and your not very electrical savvy. I would go the painless route. Now if it were me ( I work on auto electrical for a living ) I would just get me a good fuse and relay box from the junk yard and work from there, if it was a race only car.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
I do some electrical stuff. (I keep people like Ed in business)lol
I've installed a couple of Painless kits, They are not just "plug and play". You still have to furnish things like headlight sockets, starter switch, ect. And also do all the "splicing". In other words it will have one taillight wire, and you have to splice it to both tail lights.
The best kit for a street\strip car I've used was a K&R kit.
http://www.krperformance.com/

White noise

Dec 9, 2015
Yea it's gonna b race car more that street car. It will be street driven. Night and day time. There are no worrys as far as wiring stuff up. That won't be a problem. I just Wana make sure I have head lights and tail lights along with blinkers and brake lights. The rest of the car will be wired up with my own harnes. I like eds idea of using the original fuse box and work off that. As long as it's as simple as running wire to the lights. Thanks for the hell u guys I appreciate it

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!