Has anyone tried the Painless 20102 kit?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Last edited by a moderator:

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I've put the ones like Speedway Motors sells and I think I got the last one from Rebel Wire or something like that. They both worked fine but they're not a direct bolt in. I just made a plate where the original was.

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I have used the Painless kit with the 18 circuit. The fuse block is a direct bolt in. If you look at your GM fuse block you have the inside half with the fuses in it. On the engine side of the firewall you have the other half of the fuse block that "snaps" to the inside half and a gasket seals things. There are 2 bolts that screw the fuse block to passenger side of the firewall. Very easy.

DonM

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
There's a 50 dollar rebate on all Painless kits going on right now, so it might be a good idea to pull the trigger on it sooner rather than later. I might get one if it actually fits that nicely. I wish they made a direct replacement harness for our cars, but if this works just as good, I might pick up two :)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't have the $ for one, something to save up for. I'm more focused on sorting the drivetrain, want to upgrade trans/rearend before wiring... it's taken me 8 years to get where I am right now with it, so it'll probably be a while :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!