Brake Switch

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
Pulled my brake switch off to start wiring the TCC circuit for my 5.3/4L60e swap in my 79 malibu and this is what I found. I know the orange and white wires are for the brake lights but the pink/black and blue wires have me stumped. They are on the normally closed contacts with the switch depressed and brake pedal all the way up. Can't find it anywhere in the wiring diagrams.

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
To my knowledge this car didn't come with cruise but I could be wrong

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
I just found a diagram after looking all night last night. It's for a 1980 malibu but it shows that the pink/black wire as an ignition on, and the blue wire goes through the bulkhead connector on the firewall to this connector:

This is the circuit for the TCC or torque converter clutch, in that same place is where the TCC vacuum switch is supposed to be. So either this car originally came with the TH350c which is the lock-up version of the TH350.... or they all came pre-wired this way.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I started mentioning TCC, but deleted it. In 1980, California cars got computers and TCC. In 1981, the other states followed.

It is possible that all states were wired for it, I haven't researched it.

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
I wish I could read the RPO codes on the underside of my trunk deck, that would probably tell me whether it came with the th350c or not. The RPO sticker is pretty faded.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!