help me with electric fan(s) installation.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I have dual fans and a signal fan. I would like to know what size wire, relay and fuse to use on ether set up. Should I get a relay wiring harness? Summit and jegs sell relay kits and thermostat kits should I get thermostatic switch or the adjustable thermostat probe. I would like to be able to adjust it/them to the right setting. looking to install one of them in the 78 El Camino for a resonable price. what do you run how is it run. A Diagram would be nice.

Thanks Doug

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You definitely need to use relays & some sort of a thermostat. I would look for recommended wiring kits from whatever manufacturer you chose for your fans.

Tommy

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I have two questions. whats the differents between a 30 amp fuse and a 30 amp circuit breaker ? Which is better which one do you use and why ? the fan im using is from a 93-95 Mopar mini van With a four wire connector so im thinking its a two speed hi/low fan, But it doset matter how I wire it the fan speed is the same. Any ideas what going on ? This is how im wiring the fan.

Thanks Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If it's like a power window breaker, it needs power to be removed to reset vs a fuse needing to be replaced. Something else to consider would be a fusible link:

They don't open as easily as a fuse, which is better for something with a higher initial load (like a fan motor).

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!