Where are you mounting your relays???

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Finally wiring the car. Bought a Painless kit and so far so good. Pretty cut and dry. I have a couple relays I need to mount. One being the fan relay. Where are you guys mounting this?? The closer to the fan the better but I am interested in where some are putting it. Also I need to mount the fuel pump relay. My fuel pump is back on the rear frame rail in front of the rear bumper. Looking for some ideas for a clean simple look. Please send me some pics if you have some. Thanks again.

DonM

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Also, I got circuit breakers with my Painless fan and fuel pump kit. Where are you mounting these? Any pics or recommendations would be great. Later.

DonM

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
DonM,

I'm alittle reluctant to post this pic as I'm not overly proud of the looks of this setup :oops: . Found something similiar to this on the inter-web. Was waiting for others to post their setups.

I'm working on a weather tight relay mount/enclosed box from a scrapped Crown Vic cop car, year??. Haven't made any progress on it lately. It would mount in the same location but blend in allot better.

Anyway, this is what I fabbed up awhile back. Relays control radiator & trans cooling fans and both low and high beams. The fifth is for my convertor lockup. ANL fuse and holder protect the electrical system from a possible alternator run away.

July2013002_zpsd2b8894d.jpg

Steve

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I cant post pics, but I used a relay setup off a s10, and a marine fuse block mounted just behind the battery (stock location).
I have the relays mounted on the pass side fender above the wheel well. I liked this location as you can run the wiring in loom along the fender well to clean it up.

bs1027-02_L.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!