Wire identification?

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
I have a couple rogue wires that I would like to cleanup. I don't recall ever having them hooked up.

First one is a large connector that sat to the left of the carb on the intake. Has a large red wire to the starter crimp and two dark green wires that are cut?

Second one comes out of the firewall next to the tach hole with a light green and blue wire to a female connector. Inside of the connector looks like a T.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
My guesses (from looking at a wiring diagram):
First one is to the AC harness.
Second 'sounds' like the back-up switch connector for a manual trans? (Wire colors are the same.)

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
Car is originally non AC with stick. I have had a TH400 in there for 13 years, so this makes sense.

I appreciate you taking the time to look that up, thanks!

Matt

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
No problem......I think all cars had that connector in the harness - AC or not.

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
Yep, I think you are right. I asked a buddy who also has a non ac car and he has one too unconnected.

You can see it off the alternator line about half way down in the link below. The square connector line that is coiled up to the right is the two green wires from that connector.

Last edited by a moderator:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The other is definitely the backup light switch connector. If you could send me a pic of where the wires come out of the dash, I'd appreciate it. That way I can route my wires correctly for my manual trans conversion.

Tommy

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
LS6 Tommy said:
The other is definitely the backup light switch connector. If you could send me a pic of where the wires come out of the dash, I'd appreciate it. That way I can route my wires correctly for my manual trans conversion.

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

The wires come out of the harness attached to the steering column on the right. I can't open my driver side door to get better pics unfortunately.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Thanks for the quick response, I was actually looking to see where it comes out under the hood. Sorry for not being more specific.

Tommy

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
Hi Tommy,

There's a hole about 2" to the right of the tach hole on the firewall where it comes out. The hole is roughly the same size. If you need a pic, let me know.

Matt

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
DatBu said:
Hi Tommy,

There's a hole about 2" to the right of the tach hole on the firewall where it comes out. The hole is roughly the same size. If you need a pic, let me know.

Matt

A pic would be great, but it's no rush item...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!