where the heck is the bright/dim switch?..LOL

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
seriously...1978...been running er for a few days, stopped at the video store last night, got back in, and my bright lights dash light was on, and yeah, lights were brighter then hell, but I`ll be damned if I can find a switch..looked on the floor etc..nothing.where is it suppose to be on a 78?..LOL...talk about an embarassing question..ohh well...beats blinding the cops and getting pulled over..LOL

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
alrighty thanks..I was thinking that was it, but it did`nt seam to want to move..not sure how it ended up on brights..its now back on dims, and not working (pulling it does nothing)...gonna have to pull the wheel one of these days and see wtf is going on in there..

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
The high beam switch is on top of the column next to the ignition switch. Its actuated by a rod the length of the column, like the ignition switch. Undo the 4 nuts and swing the column down and you access it, no need to remove the steering wheel. It's easy to change and they can get crunchy from age. I just did this on a Cutlass last week, it took less than an hour.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!