Cleaners for harness connections?

fastrat350

Top Fueler
Oct 25, 2003
South Texas
www.freewebs.com
Hey everyone, I'm cleaning and re wrapping my engine and headlight harness with new style oem wrap but before I do, what do you all recommend to clean the wires and what to clean the fire wall connections, the engine bay side of the harness block has some gooey syrup looking stuff. Should I mess with them or just attack them with a brush of sorts? Also I wanna clean the power connections in the engine harness that comes from the starter, I noticed back in 79 they are just crimped and tape connections. I want to clean them and them throw do pawn some solder, what chemical cleaners should I use? Coca cola? Lol. I'm kind of newb to the part of my build and don't want to clean it with the wrong stuff and regret it later. Thanks in advance

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've kinda wondered the same thing. I cleaned the male side some by spraying Purple Power (or other strong degreaser) onto the bulkhead, letting it sit, then scrubbing it with a stiff bristled brush, repeating if necessary. I put dielectric grease on all the connections as well.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
CRC Electronic Cleaner works great for that. I sell it at my work

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!