Fuse Block Wiring

uestraven

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2011
Long Island
I bought a 1979 Malibu. Recently, I tried to start it and realized I had no power going to the key. There is power to every wire under the hood but nothing when I turn the key. I decided to look under the dash a found whoever wired this car before me, was an idiot. There are wires everywhere and I have no idea what goes to what. I wanted to take a look at the fuse block but its a mess. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the fuse block in this car or any help to give me? Thanks

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
There is a full list of early G-Body wiring diagrams on the main page of this site. Have you checked your fusible links yet????? I know several people mentioned it. Start with the easy stuff.

uestraven

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2011
Long Island
Doober said:
There is a full list of early G-Body wiring diagrams on the main page of this site. Have you checked your fusible links yet????? I know several people mentioned it. Start with the easy stuff.

Like I said the entire car was gone through before I got it. Literally everything under the dash is electrical taped. Im suprised everything even worked before. But I looked through the entire car and I dont think there is a single fusible link there. Thats why Im messing with the fuse block

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Well they're connected to the starter from the factory, I'm running mine to the battery post since the car has headers and I'm not sure if it was heat related but one fried on me a few years back. If there aren't any fusible links in the engine bay be sure to add them, if you have a dead short from a battery-fed wire without a fuse it can start a fire. Fusible links are available at Autozone, etc.

uestraven

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2011
Long Island
Is there any way someone can just explain to me how to wire the starter and distributor into the fuse box so I can at least get the car running?

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
If you are just wanting to see if it will run, you can hook up a bump switch to the starter and run a hot wire from the battery to the distributor.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!