I need help!!

taylorroden

Jul 18, 2012
I just got a 1979 Malibu Classic Landau, when I got it the radio was a mess so I was trying to fix it(I am just now learning about working on cars) and when I was putting the radio back in the car the wires from my cigarette lighter fell down and hit the top of the radio. I didn't have the battery disconnected and now neither the lighter or the radio work... I have checked the fuses in the box and even the box itself and I am stumped...

If you can would you please help me, as I said before I am literally just learning how to work on cars, any help will be greatly appreciated

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Sounds like you have over looked a blown fuse. Make sure and use a test light to check fuses not just looking at them.

taylorroden

Jul 18, 2012
I used the light and I'm not getting power to some of the spots on the fuse box itself... Will I need to find a new box?

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
might have burnt a fuseable link?....there are two or three of them coming off the starter and going into the harness

figure out which fuses don't work for sure (names) and then we can go from there

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
X2 on the fusible link...

Tommy

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
by the way since you said you were new to cars I'll help you out with a picture
madmikers_13.JPG

there should be at least two of these coming from the starter terminals, look at these first to see if one is fried...it should be visable

taylorroden

Jul 18, 2012
Thank you everyone for the info so far, I just got off work and I'm on my way to my parents house to check all of the suggestions so far. I know the battery spots no longer work and my door buzzer stopped as well... Which is less annoying but I almost locked my keys in my car lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!