Turn/Taillight Issues Need Help

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
Just noticed the left turn signal light on the dash quit working but could hear it flashing and the right signal on the dash quit flashing. I replaced the bulb in the dash for the left turn signal and replace the flasher from the factory 323 flasher and replaced it with a 552 flasher that I had. That fixed the turned signal not flashing problem. So after I replaced the flasher I went to check if they all were working and noticed the RH rear turn signal was very dim when flashing and also the backup lights on both sides were also flashing at the same time. The LH side works just fine. I also noticed that when the RH turn signal was flashing and I turned the headlights on the flashing slowed way down. I also noticed that when I applied the brakes the RH side is dim and the backup lights come on and are also very dim. So far I tried another headlight switch and another 552 flasher with no change. Has anyone ever seen this or have any ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

timo22

Amateur Racer
Sep 13, 2011
St. Louis, Mo
I am not sure about the Flasher. But I would make sure to put the right one in. There is a di fference between Flasher and hazard. Switches. I don't think that is your problem though. Sounds to me like a bad ground and the power is running back through the turn signal switch. Double check your ground source in your trunk for the taillights. No ground can really make it do crazy things. Ask me how I know....lol

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I would concur on the ground problem. Make sure you have a secure ground wire for the lamps and keep the correct flasher in the system.

Have you done any work to the harness, replaced any wiring?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts