what are these parts, do i need them !!

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
Ok, I've figured it out and got power atleast to the started. However the bay still looks like a bunch of noodles !! If it has anything to do with the AC UNIT, I DONT WANT IT !!! All i want is what i need to make the car run properly, heat, and lights. Help me out :mrgreen:

Image #1 - I believe this has to do with the ac correct? Cut it off?
z.jpg

Image #2 - I have no clue what this is, the bolt on unit behind the dizzy. What is it, do i need it? A few of the wires are cut.
zz.jpg

Image #3 - I know two of them go onto the blower motor, not sure about the others?
zzz.jpg

Image #4 - I just restored an 80 malibu and havent ever seen this, looks like a tps sensor though???
zzzz.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks !!!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
mobileaudio25 said:
Ok, I've figured it out and got power atleast to the started. However the bay still looks like a bunch of noodles !! If it has anything to do with the AC UNIT, I DONT WANT IT !!! All i want is what i need to make the car run properly, heat, and lights. Help me out :mrgreen:

Image #1 - I believe this has to do with the ac correct? Cut it off?
z.jpg

Either Compressor Pressure Cycling switch or Low Oil Pressure switch/choke heater feed. I can't tell from the picture.

Image #2 - I have no clue what this is, the bolt on unit behind the dizzy. What is it, do i need it? A few of the wires are cut.
zz.jpg

Possibly choke heater control relay.

Image #3 - I know two of them go onto the blower motor, not sure about the others?
zzz.jpg

White connector goes to the blower motor speed resistor block. The resistor block goes in that oblong hole in the blower housing.

Image #4 - I just restored an 80 malibu and havent ever seen this, looks like a tps sensor though???
zzzz.jpg

Not sure, possibly a MAP sensor? They're usually 3 or 4 wires, not 5...

V8 cars w/Closed Loop carbs had TPS.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks !!!

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!