Equus Gauges ( What U think )????

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Frequent Racer
Sep 11, 2010
SOUTH GATE,CA
So im was at O'reilly's looking around and I guess they have they New gauges on there back shelf on display, and tey caught my attention...

I had autometer speed & tach 3 3/8 on my el camino and to tell you the truth i didnt like them, even after i changes my ratio gears both, everything hooked up correctly, tach was funny...just not happy with them and spending that much money... So there for i want to try something different. these gauges i think are made from autometer, or autometer just represents them no to sure. But i think im going to go with them....save me cash and its always fun to try other brands out, u never know might be better than autometer...

heres alittle review about the gauges and i think im going this route, Has any one used these gauges?

http://toptooltips.com/equus-gauges-guide-reviews-of-tachometers-autometers-and-speedometers/

Attachments

• 7072.jpg
    7072.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 10,015
  • 7068.jpg
    7068.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 10,002

malibu58718

Amateur Racer
Sep 20, 2005
Berthold, ND
www.sagstudio.com
I have been looking into the VDO Vision series of gauges. They have a similar look to the Equus but with the name of VDO. Good looking at a good price. Check out ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250957951350?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just need senders.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Frequent Racer
Sep 11, 2010
SOUTH GATE,CA
lasttime78 said:
Just remember cheap ain't good, and good ain't cheap. You get what you pay for!!!!!

in a different fourm im in getting nothing but good responds on these gauges....I paid for good and was not happy with it at all...not spending my money on good anymore...in my opinon..

So i calculated what i would save..

I spent $375+ for autometer gauges including speeed/tach/oil/water/volts/gas

With this brand I will spend $196.00 thats almost half the price....any one else use them?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Frequent Racer
Sep 11, 2010
SOUTH GATE,CA
malibu58718 said:
I have been looking into the VDO Vision series of gauges. They have a similar look to the Equus but with the name of VDO. Good looking at a good price. Check out ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250957951350?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just need senders.

Those look pretty clean, have you read the reviews on them?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm considering some for the GP dash, I'll probably go with a couple of the typical gauges (volts/oil/temp) and stick my current Sun tach in for the drive out to AZ, and down the road put some nicer gauges in. The dash only had idiot lights so I can't even run gauges it came with.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
I have the tach volt water and oil gauges from them they are the white/silver ones. I also have a speedo and fuel gauge from autometer and they are really similar. Most folks never notice that the gauges aren't the same company. I've never had to replace one from something going wrong and they are pretty accurate. I had checked them when I put them in because they were so cheap. I've ran them for 5+ years. They only time I ever had to get a new one was when I bent the tube for the water temp probe and it broke. That was my fault not the gauges, I am pretty happy with them. Oh I have mechanical ones if that wasn't clear :)
Jess

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The Ricers like them...

Doesn't mean they're no good.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!