turn signal issues

widomkr79

Daily Driver
Aug 10, 2010
I have a 79 Bu and having some electrical issues. Turn signal are not working at all. All lights flash when hazzards are on. When i turn on the headlights the right indicator light in the dah stays solid green. Also my brake lights work intermietely. One day the driver doesnt work the next the passenger. I have changed the large circle fuse in the panel for the turn signals and still nothing. No click, click, nothing. Seeing all the lights flash with the flasher on i assume its not a bulb issue. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I had a similar problem a couple years ago. Ended up just being dirty/corroded turn signal sockets. Clean them up and see it helps.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t5montecarlo said:
The round thing is a relay, not a fuse.

The round thing is a flasher, not a relay or a fuse. :lol:

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
:D

Tommy

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
hahah its a circular unit that clicks !

I had a similar problem, the malibu wiring runs in somewhat of a large circuit. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE LITTLE GROUND THAT IS OFF TO THE SIDE OF THE RUNNING LIGHTS (make sure its grounded in the socket good). that was my downfall.

Bigmello1226

Jun 17, 2019
1979 malibu no blinkers but hazards work.can I rig something up to make them work if so what can I do?help

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The hazards and blinkers are on different circuits.

Check for a blown turn signal fuse.
If the turn signal fuse is good, check for defective turn signal flasher.
If the turn signal flasher is good, check the connector at the steering column.

The problem is most likely the fuse or the flasher.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!