all around grounds? 1980 malibu

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
My lights are very messed up, they have been completely hacked. As far as all of the rear lights and turn signals there is only one factory found that grounds everything out and is in the corner of the trunk correct? And as far as the front lights (turn signal, running lights, head lights) there is a separate ground for each side correct? Sorry, I'm not too Goo at following diagrams. Thanks, Kyle

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Yea, I'd have to look at my wiring diagram, but I'm pretty sure that from the factory, there was only one ground for the rear lights. That's not to say that you couldn't have multiple grounds. It would probably improve things.....

Same for the front... I'll have to look at the diagram when I get home....

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
thanks, I'm thinking im going to have to take it somewhere to get all the wiring corrected. when i brake my running lights come on, its all out of wack.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds like someone was messing around where they wern't supposed to be.

It's all fixable, and wiring isn't anything to be afraid of. If you're taking it someplace, they'll have to do a bunch of wire tracing, and fault-finding. Be prepared to pay for the labor....$$$

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
yeah, im somewhat of an electrical guru. I install a lot of car stereo equipment (4000w system in one of my cars). i've never really messed with headlight wiring ect. After failing to install a new turn signal switch i kind of gave up on that part of the field. Would you happen to have a wiring diagram? i have a few wires under my dash that are hacked and lead to nothing as well as two connectors? if i post a picture do you think you might be able to tell wth it goes to?

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
start here http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html
The colors changed a little throughout the years but it will get you in the ballpark

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah, thats the same diagrams I have. Except mine are all still in the manual.. That's a great way to be able look at what you need...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts