Quite a few wiring questions

Hooligans

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
Belfair, WA
Long story short.... I bought a 83' Elco about 3 months ago and have been daily driving it since. Previous owner threw a Edelbrock 1406 on the stock manifold and it has never ran just quite right. I decided today that I was going to swap out the intake and see if I could get her running better. I was looking at the passenger side inner fender and noticed how bad (is a nice way of putting it) the wiring was. The pics arent great.... what can be removed here? The last pic is directly behind the dizzy on the firewall.

100_2106.jpg

100_2107.jpg

100_2108.jpg

100_2109.jpg

Hooligans

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
Belfair, WA
Next... I found a local yard with a Malibu wagon that has a non A/C box so I am going to pull it along with the duct work and do the swap. I have pulled my dash so I can dye the interior, with that out, what wiring can be pulled from behind the dash? If I remove the computer what do I need to do to simplify the wiring?

Last question (for now)... there is a small harness that runs down to the trans - TH350, am I to assume this is a converter lockup? Can this be bypassed? Or rewired?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
If you are going to remove the computer and wiring harness, start at the computer and follow the harness.

Your mileage will suffer if you remove/replace the computer and related pieces (distributor and carburetor). If you don't care, then enjoy.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
if you want the blower motor and your heater control switch to keep working,keep those wires in that second picture.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!