Courtesy Fuse keeps blowing

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
So I've got this situation to where the fuse blows as soon as I put it in.

I've unhooked the stereo, cig lighter, glove box light and trunk light and it is still doing it.

Any other ways to narrow this down more efficiently?

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html

IIRC the only other thing on that line is the interior light, headlight switch, and the underhood light

better schematic here ( this wiring sticky has helped me a number of times )

http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring_diagrams/Clock-Cigar-CourtesyLights.jpg

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
Thanks. according to that link, my stereo should work just fine without a courtesy fuse? And for some reason it does not. So that might be the issue perhaps... even though I have no idea how the stereo could get hooked up on that circuit.

j&amotorsports

Amateur Racer
Apr 11, 2008
laurel springs nj
hopefully this will help you instead of using fuses you can buy circuit breaker so you dont go though so many fuses testing i bought mine though matco tool truck about four years ago. you may be able to get them at auto parts store or maybe radioshack. you have a dead short power side . question does it blow with key on or off any new screws added or anything taken apart lately that might have gotten pinched or wire cut into for any reason. good luck John

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
It blows as soon as I put the fuse in, or soon as I hook up the neg battery cable with the fuse in.

Weird thing is, I can not get my stereo to power on without the 20a courtesy fuse in. And It is wired directly to the fuse box - yellow to battery and red to ign and it wont power on w/o a 20a courtesy fuse. Of course now I can't even keep that fuse from blowing.

I could sure use so sort of breaker instead of a dozen fuses... good idea.

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Did you just install something new that you've pinched a wire .... sounds like a dead short ... maybe a mouse chewed a wire ..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!