Wiring delima

78pontiacibu

Amateur Racer
May 7, 2011
Morristown, TN
www.facebook.com
I'm wanting to power my fuel pump off of my wiper switch. I no longer have wipers on my car, i did away with them since it isnt really a daily driver anymore. I don't want a bunch of toggel switches cluttering up my car. All i rally need to know is which pin is switched hot. I also have no taillights, could that be from a faulty ground? I did change the entire dash in the car and could have broke a ground or missed it when i bolted it all back in.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You'll have to use a relay. The wiper switch can't handle the amperage draw of the fuel pump. I don't remember which terminal on the wiper switch is the load.

Tommy

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
According to my handy GM Wiring manual for the G-Body, it appears that it's a 25 amp fused circuit that is White in color (circuit 93, or C100). It's hot in Accy or Run...

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Brown_Gbody said:
According to my handy GM Wiring manual for the G-Body, it appears that it's a 25 amp fused circuit that is White in color (circuit 93, or C100). It's hot in Accy or Run...

I forgot pumpd typically only draw about 6 A. At least the bigger Holley pump do. The wiper circuit would probably carry most pumps with no problem, but I would still use a relay. You don't want to have the possibility of voltage drop due to any inaduquacies of the accessory circuitry. You wasnt to take power as directly from the battery as possible.

Tommy

78pontiacibu

Amateur Racer
May 7, 2011
Morristown, TN
www.facebook.com
Thanks fellows. I was going to put a relay in just in case. This is something that just popped in my head today as i was putting my dash together. I may just have a friend of mine to all of the wiring, as i am not a pro at it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!