Blower motor wire Hot all the time

Safariwagon

Daily Driver
Dec 12, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Is the brown wire going to the blower motor switch (hi, med, low) suppose to be hot all the time? I would think it's connected to the ignition switch, but my blower motor stays running even with the car shut off. It will wear the battery out.

Safariwagon

Daily Driver
Dec 12, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, i understand this. But when you shut the car off and remove the key from the ignition it shouldn't be running still. It should be connected to the ignition switch somehow I would think.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Running all the time,yeah, that aint right. Did you add anything to the electrical system that you maybe jumped a lead from the fuse block, and tied into the fan by mistake? They usually are a higher amperage rating (25 amp fuse), therefore more enticing to tie into....

here's a picture from the electrical troubleshooting manual. I wanted to scan it, but the stupid scanner isn't working.....
Notice that the circuit is pretty strait forward. It's hot in the "run" position only. Even the blower resistor is downstream from 12v, so I wouldn't think that's bad either....
After the blower motor, it just goes to ground, so something is feeding 12vdc back through circuit #50...

DSCF6832.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!