Blower Motor Issue

walkerbe

Daily Driver
Sep 22, 2013
When my switch to control heat/ac setting is switched to off it does the g body thing and I can hear the blower motor come on but when I switch it to any other setting (max ac, defrost, etc) the blower motor stops working but it still clicks under the hood (I believe the compressor engaging). Fuse looked good, wiring seems fine and grounds look good. Would this possibly be a resistor or the switch on the control panel?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
My first thought is check the easy stuff like the resistor next to the blower. All speeds but high (full speed) are run through the A/C fuse, full speed is also, but it draws its power from a fusible link that runs down to the starter.

walkerbe

Daily Driver
Sep 22, 2013
Switched resistor and switch on control and fixed lower speeds. Noticed the high side didn't work but the wire from the starter to the relay had come unplugged plugged it back up and fixed high side. Thanks for the answer

walkerbe

Daily Driver
Sep 22, 2013
Instead of opening another thread I'll ask here. What size is the bolt that bolts the lines to the compressor. I'm thinking its metric correct?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!