Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TECHNICAL » Electrical/Wiring Technical

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 am 
Daily Driver

Well I did a boo boo. I was trying to wire in a new tach and eliminate some wiring hack jobs I found under the dash. While I was at it I mustve done something because the spots on the fuse box that say Ing arent working anymore. They used to work with the key on. I was pulling a wire that did nothing and it was plugged in one of those so I suspect I grounded it. I know there is a fuseable link by the starter I heard but everything else seems to be working. Wondering if there is a separate fuse for just that circuit. If any knows please lmk before I tear the whole dash apart.
BTW its a 78 Malibu

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 am 
MalibuRacing Junkie

There are two red fusible links at the solenoid. They each feed one of two "Circuit 2" red 12 ga wires that go to the fuseblock. One feeds "batt 2 " and "batt 3" at the igntiion switch and "stop/hazard" and "accy" on the fuseblock. The other feeds "courtesy/clock" and "tail".

Tommy

20k mile '80 Malibu, currently undergoing long term (aka no money) factory style install LS6 454, Cowl Induction, Legend LGT 700 5 speed. Full Global West suspension, 17" N90 wheels, 12" front/11" rear disc brakes, 9" 3.70 Auburn Pro posi.

"The older I get, the faster I was"

Board index » TECHNICAL » Electrical/Wiring Technical