Vacuum Pump Question

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Is there any better or worse place to mount the fitting in the valve cover to pull vacuum from with a vacuum pump? I usually install them in the front of the valve cover, thinking that this would keep excess oil splash out of the vacuum pump, but on the one I am installing now its not going to install in the front of the valve cover without issues.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
talking with GZmotorsports he told me the front vertical flat is the best place, 2nd best was in the front breather hole but it may need a splash shield to avoid oil consumption if the fitting is placed right over the rockers

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
talking with GZmotorsports he told me the front vertical flat is the best place, 2nd best was in the front breather hole but it may need a splash shield to avoid oil consumption if the fitting is placed right over the rockers

True.

From the V/C go to a Catch Can.
Catch Can to the Pump.
Pump to a filtered vent.

Great fitting
20061231153310_left.jpg

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I used the MOROSO version of that fitting.

Thanks for the tips guys. Did a little testing on the dyno today and the car picked up 20 rwhp with the addition of the vacuum pump. Take the belt off and it drops 20 rwhp. This was with 11-12" of vacuum. Put the fitting for the vacuum pump hose in the top of the valve cover right over the stud girdle and there is no excess oiling problem. This testing was done on a 400" Small Block Ford that made 441 to the wheels before the pump and it made 461.5 with the belt on the pump.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Yeah we are keeping it below 12". We normally run a little extra clearance for the wrist pins, I forget the exact measurement, but I know its a touch looser than they come out of the box.

A

Anonymous

Its not really considered a coating but we generally call it that. A couple of microns 2-4.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!