Anti-Roll Bars

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Hey guys I need some help with anti roll bar. Im looking to buy one this month but not shure what to get. TRZ sells one for 300.00 and Race Suspensions.com hase one for 195.00 car is a 79 landau with iron headed smc 350 350t 411r 60 foots are 1.7 1.8 right now and if i got one would it help the 60 foots Thanks!!!!!

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
If you're getting a lot of roll/twist on launch, it will help. Otherwise, it may not. They're certainly nice to have, but you sure don't need one to go quicker than 1.7x and 1.8x 60 foots. I think your suspension problems lay elsewhere.

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Supe thanks for the help. It seems like when up on stall the car is twisted a little if so the bar would prob help huh As for my suspension I have up front 2" drop spinds, moroso tricks, 90-10 comps, 3800 ATI 10" stall out back is buick g/n 8.5" with moroso trick springs ssm lowers "i have them parallel to the ground" edlbrock adj. uppers Pinion is at close to -4 and comp shacks at 70-30. tire is m/t et street 26-10.5 Thanks hope you can help me off this info.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Can you describe what its doing? Is it spinning, hooking then unloading, etc? Have you tried launching off idle? Coming up too high on the converter will load up the suspension when footbraking, causing launch issues.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
I would IMO dump the SSMs,and get the TRZ bar and thier DA lowers....
SSMs make everything weird,I raced them for many years and
it wasent untill I got rid of those nasty things did I relize they were the
cause of my cars ill handling...

When shopping for an Anti roll bar,look for ChromeMoly VS Mild steel
Look for bronze oil bushings VS aluminum
TRZ has all the right stuff the others do not

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Thanks for all the info everyone

Supe last year i tried the off idle deal and it didnt help or hurt the 60 foots. I didnt trie that this year. what i did trie was no front sway bar. Whats happening is when on the converter which I can only get like 2400 out of on the foot brake. Is the front driver side streches out maybe 6'' the back maybe 3'' car hooks and leaves to the left. I have no rear sway bar
Thanks again

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
would an air bag in the right rear give the same effect as the anti-roll bar

Norm Peterson

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2003
state of confusion
malibuj said:
Is the front driver side streches out maybe 6'' the back maybe 3'' car hooks and leaves to the left. I have no rear sway bar
Thanks again
When you say "leaves to the left" do you mean that the rear tries to head to the left on its own (forcing you to also steer slightly left to keep the rear end behind the front)? If so, I'm pretty sure I can explain it.

I have no idea what you mean by "stretches out".

Norm

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
Norm Peterson said:
malibuj said:
Is the front driver side streches out maybe 6'' the back maybe 3'' car hooks and leaves to the left. I have no rear sway bar
Thanks again
When you say "leaves to the left" do you mean that the rear tries to head to the left on its own (forcing you to also steer slightly left to keep the rear end behind the front)? If so, I'm pretty sure I can explain it.

I have no idea what you mean by "stretches out".

Norm

Norm
You got it I have to steer left to keep things in in line. Please explain how to fix this prob...
"Streches out" I ment to say the suspension preloads when on the converter. Thanks for you'r reply.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!