Nitrous with progressive controller?

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
***EDIT TO FIX LINK***
Anyone have an opinion on progressive controllers good or bad. I have heard they are hard on noids, but the kit I am going to buy is a NX Gemini Twin Stage Six> http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NEX%2D60040%2D10&N=700+115&autoview=sku

NX claims the lightning noids in this kit will take the abuse. Any other pros or cons?

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
why do you want to hit with a controller?

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
Dom87SS said:
why do you want to hit with a controller?

Traction. My car is setup for handling, not hooking, so I figure the progressive controller will help with that.
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
a 2 stage and a controller? What do you got in mind??

Its just a single stage setup, although the name says Gemini Twin.

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
first how much do you want to hit it with?

the suspensions on these cars whether its for handling or drag racing are usually very similar minus spring, shock, and sway bar combos. if you have a adjustable shock on the car and put a slick on it you should be ok. if you have a digital box when you hook it up to a switch it'll kill as much timing as you want then you can ramp it in to come back like 1,2,3 seconds into the run. you'll be killing your power down low like you want for traction, but not relying on the controller to work, and the solenoids not to fail every time. and when its not activated you'll be running at whatever your full timing is set at. just somethin to think about, and another option

ralphl

Amateur Racer
May 15, 2006
panama city, fl
i have used one for about 3years now and have had no problems. i rebuild my noids every year. i use the box to run in a heads up index class. it is alot simpilar than messing with the lap top on my digital 7

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
I prefer timers/digisets

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
Excelerater said:
I prefer timers/digisets

Please explain. I'm new to the nitrous thing. Does softening the hit with a progressive controller make it easier on parts? I have stock crank/rods with GULP.........cast Silvolite pistons. The bottom end was done right though (good machine work, balanced yada, yada, yada). I would like this motor to last a few more years until I get the money and time to build a all forged 383. I plan on a 100 shot max for my current motor. Then when I get the other one done, I'll step up to a bigger hit.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
355_79bu said:
Excelerater said:
I prefer timers/digisets

Please explain. I'm new to the nitrous thing. Does softening the hit with a progressive controller make it easier on parts? I have stock crank/rods with GULP.........cast Silvolite pistons. The bottom end was done right though (good machine work, balanced yada, yada, yada). I would like this motor to last a few more years until I get the money and time to build a all forged 383. I plan on a 100 shot max for my current motor. Then when I get the other one done, I'll step up to a bigger hit.

you have no reason to soften up a 100 shot

ralphl

Amateur Racer
May 15, 2006
panama city, fl
Excelerater said:
355_79bu said:
Excelerater said:
I prefer timers/digisets
you have no reason to soften up a 100 shot

i agree. there is no need to even progress a 175. but if you are really concerned the digi-set is alot cheaper, easier to install and you can adjust the time to almost anything you desire. it also wont fultter the silynoids like the progressive

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!