The Miller Guide to MIG Welding

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I had a number of people inquire about doing a possible MIG welding writeup, not unlike that which I did for TIG.

I thought about it, looked through my resources, and there's no way I could do a better introductory writeup than Miller already has. I strongly suggest printing this out (Adobe PDF file), reading it over, and keeping it as a handy reference when practicing your MIG welding skills. Heck, I even refer back to it from time to time when I overlook some silly/obvious troubleshooting mistakes.

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/mig_handbook.pdf

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
very nice, i picked up some tips, thanks for posting.

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
eh thats a good idea, i'm a novice with welding, so it helped me understand the concept better, thanx

rock

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Chicagoland area
Thats some good stuff there, Oh yeah some good stuff. I just copied this and put it in with the rest of my "Instructions To Keep" folder.

A

Anonymous

That guide does have helpful hints in it, though to me learning how to weld is like learning to drive and handle a car, you cant learn it by any manual or voicing. You have to just dig in there and do it yourself hands on. When i first started out welding, yea i browsed through a few books but my biggest key points were watching others and a few diffrent things they done..

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
Same here, had an old shipyard welder for a teacher at ErwinTech. I remember the first day of class we watched a few safety videos then a few on welding techniques then he said "Make sure you have all your equipment tomorrow cause from here on out you will be welding from the time you get here till the time you leave" and he was right.

Another thing is even though me and my friend who went with me wanted to learn mig welding, he wouldnt let us touch a mig untill we completed the stick welding class first.

ncxmod355

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2010
Granite Falls NC
Supe said:
I had a number of people inquire about doing a possible MIG welding writeup, not unlike that which I did for TIG.

I thought about it, looked through my resources, and there's no way I could do a better introductory writeup than Miller already has. I strongly suggest printing this out (Adobe PDF file), reading it over, and keeping it as a handy reference when practicing your MIG welding skills. Heck, I even refer back to it from time to time when I overlook some silly/obvious troubleshooting mistakes.

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/mig_handbook.pdf

thanks good read wife just got me a 125amp northern tools wire welder flux core
this going to help me out a lot first welder

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!