VP vs Rockett race fuel???

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Our local speed shop is getting ready to place one of two fuel orders for the 2007 season. They have been checking pricing for racers and VP has continued to increase their pricing every year. They are getting a bit disgusted at this fact.

They got some info sent on Rockett fuel as a possible alternative.

Any of you guys that work in engine & speed shops willing to share any first hand info on VP vs Rockett?

I seriously doubt many of the guys we race with will switch brands of fuel as their tune-ups are pretty much set by now, but our speed shop is at least trying to give a more economical option in race fuel.

thanks for any input
Todd

A

Anonymous

i made the switch to AKLY and never going back to race fuel......

1. PRICE!
2. runs cooler and more consistant..
3. price.....$110.00 a drum

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
RazorBlade said:

1. PRICE!

4. Not legal in the classes I run. Has to be gas.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
10secBu said:
RazorBlade said:

1. PRICE!

Ever try Torco?

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Excelerater said:
10secBu said:
RazorBlade said:

1. PRICE!

Ever try Torco?

I ran Torco Mach 110 last season. Seems there's something upwith the local supplier and it looks like Torco may not be an option.

Also, I had issues with yellow coloration of the porcelin which Torco told me was normal. I wanted to try a different brand fuel to see if this coloration went away. For a N/A engine, it seemed like I was changing plugs quite oten, maybe every two or three races. They may have not needed changing, but the coloration bothered me.

A

Anonymous

10secBu I ran Torco Mach 110 last season. Seems there's something upwith the local supplier and it looks like Torco may not be an option. Also said:
the coloration is a normal thing for Torco 110 fuel.. we got 3 drums of that stuff still .......we got the yellowish color to a light green color.....it was from the color die they put in the fuel...alot of people say that fuel is junk but never had problem with it in 4 yr's of use...the greenish color was by alittle on the rich side..

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
RazorBlade said:
10secBu I ran Torco Mach 110 last season. Seems there's something upwith the local supplier and it looks like Torco may not be an option. Also said:
the coloration is a normal thing for Torco 110 fuel.. we got 3 drums of that stuff still .......we got the yellowish color to a light green color.....it was from the color die they put in the fuel...alot of people say that fuel is junk but never had problem with it in 4 yr's of use...the greenish color was by alittle on the rich side..

Yep, Torco's blending engineer said the coloration was from a die package used in production and that all their fuels had the same die package.

Neither here nor there as I don't think there's gonna be a local Torco supplier anymore, hence the need to find a suitable replacement.

A

Anonymous

Torco was a good priced fuel to run too........we was getting it for $300.00 a drum...if were'nt running it i would have run VP....i think there brand is called C-14 "i think" i used to run there "Jet-X" race fuel for Yamaha Banshee race motor.....looks like akly cause it's clear but some darn good fuel!!! don't know if you can run this fuel though Todd as it was there oxygenated race fuel..

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
RazorBlade said:

1. PRICE!

Used to be cheap on my fuel choice but once you get a bad batch of alky you'll regret it. Good alky is gonna cost you at least $3 a gal.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!