down nozzles and foggers?

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
My heads have down nozzles, how would you think a fogger nozzle placed there instead of in the intake would work?

Another question.. what alky setup would I look into if wanting to use the down nozzles for injection? And what kind of power increase is there?

And a few more.. if I were to run the alky injection in the down nozzles would I be able to still run a n2o plate? Would you use alky or fuel on the fuel side of the plate? Would it atomize ok with a throttle body rather than a carb? Would it kinda defeat the purpose of using the down nozzles if fuel/n2o is being sprayed from the plate or fogger ran in the intake?

A

Anonymous

Wow dude!! That's a lot of questions and it just so happens I was talking to Razorblade about that stuff lastnight. If ya want to talk to me about it, pm me and I'll give ya my cell number. You just have too much going on there for me to sit down and type it all in.

budss396

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Evansville, Indiana
we used down nozzles wirh a fogger on the dragster for awhile, the fogger was located about 2" higher in the intake. worked just fine (it was a dry nitrous system)
we used a crower-type mechanical injection though with a by-pass solenoid system for fuel enrichment.

BUD

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
OK after talking with EMcIllece about it I think alcohol is kinda outta the question.

So... anyone think putting a fogger nozzle where the down nozzle would go is a bad idea? Wondering if header heat and the fuel/n2o lines between the primaries would be a major concern.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
well I think it must work.. I got 2 pics of a setup but still nobody with 1st hand experience

RJ3.jpg

RJNOZZLES2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Everyone i know thats running Alky and N2o, is spraying gas on top of the alky.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!