Innovative Motorsports LM-1...

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I run the Innovate LC-1 with the XD-16 gauge and on my old bike I picked up 4 mph in the 1/8th by tuning with it I highly recommend it.......

Chris K.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
remember to pull plugs as well. w/b will help you tune a car but can also show you too a bad tune and burnt pistons. a meter is only to let you know information, not tune it for you. cyl to cyl variation can be seen on the plug when a w/b says perfecto!

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
I borrowed my friends when I put a carb on my 89 mustang. I ran the factory in tank fuel pump and was having an uncontrolable fuel pressure problem for the longest time with multiple styles of regulators. Using the LM1 helped me get a good idea of what was going on at any one particular time. It was a godsend when the weather started changing. It also works well when trying to jet appropriately to weather at the track.

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
I just got me and lm-1 and i am having a problem with uploading the info on to the computer. Is it suppose to be a graph or what the only thing that i can view is the page that shows you the option for fuel. With all of the tabs but it doesn't allow me to see the whole chart and i had 5 logs that i recorded can't see them so how do you upload these to a spreed sheet and change the anolog outputs. thanks guys.

Oct 21, 2011
?? Help Me Choose The Best Of the A/F,EGT METERS

Hi All,
I have two EGT/A/F ratio units I think?I will post the pics to give you the exact items I am dealing with,I need to know which one of these two units would be best for me to use on my race car?Unfortunately I acquired them from my brother who passed away about six month ago,and he had a 68' Firebird and it had a F2 Pro-charger on it! man did it fly!!!RIP "BUBBIE" Finishing my car is my own personal tribute to him,as he want my DR car to be able to beat my step mom's 64' GTO she runs around 9.58 ET
at something like 138mph?anyway,her engine is all done up with aftermarket block,aluminum heads etc.But my Bubbie told me that what I have (468ci engine). He guaranteed, me that it has it in it,its a tried and true combo from his 28 years of racing Pontiac engines! Man I miss him,I will show em Bub,I'm getting her done,one day at a time.
Thanks for anyone to be able to tell me more about these units,and which one I should use on my car.
Kind Regards,
Jason

1. UNIT= COMPUTECH SYSTEMS INC
Here is the info off the units :Smaller Unit is made by: Computech Systems Inc.Has T/1 and T/2 then the power wire connector and a RPM wire?It says EGT PLUS,ehaust and rpm monitor,button on all say this?Power,Tiime,and TELLTALE? as well,this one was on his dash right in front of his face,closer than the tach!

2. UNIT= BARNANT DUALOGR
Says on it,thermocouple thermometer,and has a bunch of other buttons like:store,recall,clear on/off,t1/t2 ,log,pring setup,hold,max,min,cal.
THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT FOLKS,HOPE TO GET SOME ANSWERS.

Attachments

• DSCF5427.JPG
    DSCF5427.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 4,335
  • DSCF5535.JPG
    DSCF5535.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 4,348
  • DSCF5530.JPG
    DSCF5530.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,341

autonaut

Sep 12, 2014
Re:

dragginwagon406 said:
Things I found which can make it inaccurate:
misfiring cylinder
exhaust leak before the O2

But, I can tell you the LM1 paid for itself when I first took my blow thorugh down the track as my engine went way lean and was able to shut it down before any $$$ damage ocurred.

I bought the AUX box as well. Look on Innovates webiste as they have a forum for support in which fellow users (and Claus) will help to support the product as well other questions you may have.

I can't wait to start reviewing logs that have fuel pressure (first must buy a transducer) so I can see how bad the boost reference fuel pump is hurting the combination.

Those inaquracies will be there with any wideband 02 reader also. Only a 5gas analyzee can tell you exactly what is going on. But they are slow reading/updating and generally not portable.

I use the LM2 wideband with rpm input on my el camino.. I used it to perfectly adjust my quadrajet during idle, cruise, part throttle and full throttle.. Sadly the carb rebuid did not fix tve underlying issue it had so after 3 weekends of adjusting and dissasembly/assembly float adjustment etc, i could not dial it in.
But i can only encourage others to purchase a wideband o2 device and off course a vacuum gauge.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!