$300 Rear Disc Conversion for 7.5" 3-bolt

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
So, again I am a victim of countless hours of research on the internet, but again, I came out on top...

Here is a list of parts to convert your 7.5" 10-bolt drum brake rear end into a rear disc setup using almost all stock parts...

Rotors (2) - '95 Chevy Camaro Rear Brake Rotors - AZ - $28 - 2yr War.
Calipers (2) - G-body fronts, metric - AZ - $21 w/o core, $10 w/ core - Lifetime War.
Hardware (2) - G-body front, metric - AZ - $10
Pads - G-body front, metric - AZ - $22 - Lifetime War.
Caliper Brackets (2) - TBD - hopefully Speedway Motors
Proportioning Valve - Summit Racing - $45
Hoses - If you have the ends identified, any hydraulic line shop in the industial part of town can make you some for cheap on the spot - <$35
Park-Lok Hydraulic Parking Break - Speedway Motors - $30

All bolt on parts...
Grand Total...
<$300

Any questions.. glad to help... whew... glad that's over...
I'm beginning to love circle track racers...

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Site doesn't come up anymore...

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Doober said:
Site doesn't come up anymore...

rjleiker, ANY updates/info yet?

Nice BUMP on this thread, I missed it first time around. Yeah, too bad the site is not found....rjleiker lives in a near by town, so if he has done anything yet I might get to see first hand what the outcome is and see about some salvage yard prices.

monte80

Amateur Racer
Dec 8, 2009
Madison,WI
I found a kit from speedwaymotors.com for under $300 but I think it will be better to buy just the caliper brackets part#91641010 for $10.99 From them and buy all the other parts from a local autoparts for the warranty but the salesman doesn't have/know what's the parts and other info on the swap now what I would like to know if anyone used this kit or if anyone knows what parts I will need to complete this swap

Ole yeller

Amateur Racer
Jun 10, 2008
San Leon TX
with the speed way bracket you use the same calipers from the front and get the rear disk off of a 92 camaro i was told. thats what we run on our dirt car. but you dont have a emergency brake.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!