18" on a wagon

CHROMAHOLIC

Amateur Racer
Jan 30, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hi guy's, i am in the process of pro touring my 83 wagon. I am running an 8.5 Grand National rearend with 13" baer brakes all around, My question is with discs on the rear will it have any effect on my backspacing at all? I want to run 18" rims on the car so I was thinking 4.5" for a backspace, does this sound about right. The car will have an Air Ride Technologies kit in it so will it sit low with the 8"s or should I run a 7" in the front, if so what backspace on a 7". Any input would be greatly appreciated it, Thanks Jim

CHROMAHOLIC

Amateur Racer
Jan 30, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the info...is that what you run on your car, it has a killer stance.
What size tire are you running on these rims considering I want to be able to have them tuck up when I let the air out of the bags. Thanks Jim

malibu9in

Pro Stocker
May 30, 2003
college station texas
275 40 on the back and 24545 on the front. I cant drive the car with no air it will rub. I went with a 5 up front so it would tuck a little better in the wheel well. I spent about 3 months on and off trying different wheels and offsets. I put alot of effort in trying to nail the stance. hth!

CHROMAHOLIC

Amateur Racer
Jan 30, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the great help

Thanks your car looks killer, is there any place where I could see more pics of it. I'm not sure what wheel I'm going to run but I really like some of the Intro stuff....Jim

malibu9in

Pro Stocker
May 30, 2003
college station texas
I really like intro wheels...you could get away with a 20 on the rear due to all the extra sheet metal. I dont like anythng bigger that a 18 on a g body cept a wagon. I cant find anypics on the web lately. ill dig some up.

CHROMAHOLIC

Amateur Racer
Jan 30, 2006
Ontario, Canada
rims

Having a hard time choosing which rim I like, narrowed down to three....the wagon is done in Black laquer.

v-rod_5_500.jpg

vista_5_500.jpg

speedstar_500.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!