The new BFG Comp T/A Drag Radial?

A

Anonymous

Has anyone used this new design? It's seems BFG designed that new tire more for the tuner crowd. Is it as good as the original?

I am contemplating puchasing the MT drag radial instead unless someone can make me feel better about this new design.

gforce_drag_radial_medium.gif
gforce_drag_radial2_medium.gif

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
that tire design is designed for FWD 17" plus deallies, the real tires still have the same old tread pattern

A

Anonymous

bfg

540Malibu said:
that tire design is designed for FWD 17" plus deallies, the real tires still have the same old tread pattern

like 540malibu stated same desidn and alittle softer compound...i'd go with the new M/T design drag radial.. as the BFG's lasted me 5 trip to the strip before completely bald!

A

Anonymous

bfg

540Malibu said:

like 540malibu stated same desidn and alittle softer compound...i'd go with the new M/T design drag radial.. as the BFG's lasted me 5 trip to the strip before completely bald!

A

Anonymous

Re: bfg

RazorBlade said:
540Malibu said:

All the BFG website says is alternate (old) design available. It doesn't say anything about the two being for different wheel sizes...F it! I'm going with the M/Ts...

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
You'll notice that the fast radial cars are all running M/Ts. If it's just for use at the track just get M/T slicks. They'd be more consistant IMO, especially at our track. Remember, the idiots throw water out before every car, street tire or not.

A

Anonymous

Al said:
You'll notice that the fast radial cars are all running M/Ts. If it's just for use at the track just get M/T slicks. They'd be more consistant IMO, especially at our track. Remember, the idiots throw water out before every car, street tire or not.

You have a good point Al... :-k

I know alot of folks are having good results with the radials. Plus I could drive the car every once in a while and not HAVE to change the tires.

I want to take a trip to SAR...It's a long way though...

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I think Ennis would be closer. I haven't really checked the distances though.

A

Anonymous

What's the name of that strip in Ennis?

How did you fair in the storms? Is Copperas Cove still there?

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
We did alright. It went mostly south of us.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!