first brake mod?

A

Anonymous

I have a 78 Regal and Iam curious what are some of the best brake mods for you money? It has factory aluminum rear drums, I was looking at some oversized calipers from U.S. brake, is anyone currently running these? or larger master cyclinders? Just curious, the car runs low 13's and I'd like a little better brakes at the other end. The only thing is it has stock 14 wheels, so I am going to have to work around those

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
Anytime you can get more clamping area, it's a plus. Wilwood also makes an aluminum caliper for the "Metric" chassis. Then, like Autometer said, go with a good set of pads (Hawk, Performance Friction, EBC, etc.) and flush the brake fluid.

A

Anonymous

Wilwood

i noticed the wilwood calipers only have a 2.380'' piston and the US brake clipers have a 2.75'' piston, however the willwood is aluminum, would this make a big difference? also do the willwood calipers fit inside stock 14" buick rallies?

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
The fact that the caliper is made of aluminum wont help your braking; just go with the US caliper with a good set of pads. You may also want to use braided brake lines.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!