BRAKES

A

Anonymous

is any one still running the stock proportioning valve in the malibu's since buying one of these's manual brake kits off of here??? can you get away with just running a straight line for front brakes and rear brakes off the master cylinder?? installed umlimited1320's kit with the stock proportioning valve and all 4 tires would lock up and stay locked up till i cracked a bleed open.. make's me wonder if i should of stayed power brakes..lets hear some idea's guys.. thanks

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
You need to switch to a Master Power combination valve for 4-wheel discs, or (not as good) put in a proportioning valve for the rear brake line.

I ran the 2nd option for quite a while, but you have to do some tuning to make sure your rears do not lock up before the fronts, cuz you will spin. Now I am running the new combo valve and it stops nice and even.

If you give up your combo valve entirely, you lose the safety of a split braking system and you have no way to hook up your brake idiot light, so I don't think it's a good idea, and it may not be NHRA or street legal.

I think it's less than $100, and pretty easy to replace. Call Master Power.

Jim

A

Anonymous

that what i wss thinking Jim. thanks!!! i got a jegs proportioning valve and was gonna throw it in the rear brake line and go from there.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Inline Tube has a disc/disc valve that looks and mounts exactly like the original. They have a website.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Do the right thing. Get the disc/disc combo valve from Master Power Brake or Inline Tube. An adjustable valve is NOT intended or designed to replace a combo valve. Please, can we get this info into a "sticky"? I'll even write the post if needed. I've posted responses about this important safety issue at least 5 times now... ](*,)

Tommy

A

Anonymous

brake

thanks tommy!! were can i go to find this product? a website.?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Re: brake

RazorBlade said:
thanks tommy!! were can i go to find this product? a website.?

Sorry about the double post.
Lookiehere:

http://www.mpbrakes.com/products/product-detail.cfm?product_id=613

Tommy

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
That's what I have and recommend. Stopping is firm and well balanced, and I like the fact that the brake idiot light would come on if I had a real problem. Could save my life.

Jim

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
I thought that one of the other members was using the stock 5 series BMW
porportioning valve . it works front right with rear left & front left with rear right . Just a thought . 8)

superdiv1

Frequent Racer
Mar 6, 2005
HATBORO WHAT!
well i'm not trying to steal the thread or anything or knock the MP brake guys but i got one of their power-to-manual conversion kits and i was wondering if any one had any problems besides me?... the brakes dont release all the way like its binding. and if i could i would buy one of the steal concepts kits their selling on here now but i bought it a year ageo and i'm broke cause i'm a poor college student. i have a feeling its in the push rod but not 100% sure i havent gotten under the dash to check yet. but any info or anything would be super sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

-Tony :twisted:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!