Brake swap, wheel alignment?

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Just finished swapping my B-body spindle/Camaro1LE fronts for the 98-05 Blazer spindles and brakes. I also decided to replace both upper ball joints while everything was torn down. As you can see in the picture my wheels are now leaning in at the top. I figured an alignment would be in the works but didn't think it would be this far off. Has anyone else gone from the Bbody spindle to the Blazer setup on their car and experienced this same misalignment?

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
melloelky said:
What control arms are you using?
The control arms are some cheap EBay specials that I put on the car back in 2008 when I did the bbody spindle and 1le brake setup. They're quite similar to the Speedway motors tubular arms. I recently read in another forum that these arms came equipped with offset cross shafts which is why they worked so well with the taller bbody spindle. Now according to the post if the cross shafts are rotated 180* it should eliminate some of the shins and bring the alignment back to the Gbody specs.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
sounds like you're on the rite path,I'm pretty sure (and others here have done this swap)that particular swap requires a dedicated control arm and now that you've switched back to an s10 (which is g-body like)style that upper control arm you're using maybe be the problem.you have the option of @your disposal of turning that cross shaft to see if it cures your problem(also eliminating a large stack of alignment shims)so it's worth a try.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
I'm not 100% sure that the control arms are specifically for the bbody spindle mod, iirc at the time when I first ordered them it was because I wanted tubular ca's and it just so happened that tubular ca's are what's required for the mod. I just hate the idea of having to tear this front end down just to flip the cross shafts without knowing if this will solve my dilemma.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure you need to go back to the A arms for stock G body spindles. S10 & G-body were almost identical front end designs...

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
@this point what's there to lose,flip the cross shafts and see what happens.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!