brake bleeder kit...

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
looking for a kit to allow me to bleed the brakes by myself. no help around here. been looking at summit, they have several, but just looking for something simple, not looking to make a living doing this, so looked at a brake bleeder hose (otc tools 4599) for 9.97$ and a motive products 0101, 58.46$. my master has two small caps, about 2" dia, so if I buy the pressure type, it probably should be some sort of one size fits all, and the bleeder hose would need to have a seal to prevent air bleed back. this brake deal is stressing me out, need some help bad...thx, wannabe

Jayz79

Amateur Racer
Sep 17, 2010
algonquin,IL

Pretty cheap.

I have this one. It seems to work decently, The comments on the product help, (placing the hose on the bleeder instead of the fitting that comes on the hose. I will try this method the next time I use it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
What I do...

Fill a clear bottle partial with brake fluid.

Put a wrench over the bleeder.

Put a tight-fitting hose over the bleeder, and put it in the bottle with fluid.

Keeping an eye on the fluid in the master reservoir, slowly pump the pedal by hand until bubbles stop appearing in the bottle.

I"m not 100% sure how it works with a dry system, but when changing calipers/cylinders it works great.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Last edited by a moderator:

icecold

Apr 3, 2016
Doober said:
What I do...

Fill a clear bottle partial with brake fluid.

Put a wrench over the bleeder.

Put a tight-fitting hose over the bleeder, and put it in the bottle with fluid.

Keeping an eye on the fluid in the master reservoir, slowly pump the pedal by hand until bubbles stop appearing in the bottle.

I"m not 100% sure how it works with a dry system, but when changing calipers/cylinders it works great.

That what I do, works out well for me. :D

ecc_33

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2015
amanda ohio
Jayz79 said:
http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

Pretty cheap.

I have this one. It seems to work decently, The comments on the product help, (placing the hose on the bleeder instead of the fitting that comes on the hose. I will try this method the next time I use it.)
I also have this air bleeder and it works good. I have also done the half full 20 oz bottle method with good results.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!